Business of the week: Finsbury Park’s Gadz Cafe, which is decorated with Jeremy Corbyn tributes
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile and champion a fascinating shop or company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visited Gadz Cafe in Finsbury Park, which pays tribute to ‘amazing’ MP Jeremy Corbyn.
Finsbury Park’s Gadz Cafe contains posters of global icons like Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley. But it’s Jeremy Corbyn who takes pride of place.
The restaurant is adorned with pictures of the Labour Party leader and veteran Islington North MP, who is adored by owner Hussein Jabar. He is described as a “peacemaker” in one image and was even placed on top of the restaurant’s Christmas tree.
He says: “I have known Jeremy for 10 years and even though he’s got more power he hasn’t changed. Jeremy is always trying to help people, we share similar values.
“He is amazing, he has come to the restaurant previously and offered to do the dishes after he has eaten. His leadership campaign in 2015 started with a meeting here.”
You may also want to watch:
Jabar moved to Britain from Lebanon over 20 years ago. He has owned the Clifton Terrace cafe for a decade. He particularly admires Mr Corbyn’s caring persona.
“People have come to the cafe and asked him for help and he never refuses. Jeremy cares about everybody and wants a fair society for all. His main religion is his heart.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham