Business of the week: Finsbury Park’s Gadz Cafe, which is decorated with Jeremy Corbyn tributes
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile and champion a fascinating shop or company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visited Gadz Cafe in Finsbury Park, which pays tribute to ‘amazing’ MP Jeremy Corbyn.
Finsbury Park’s Gadz Cafe contains posters of global icons like Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley. But it’s Jeremy Corbyn who takes pride of place.
The restaurant is adorned with pictures of the Labour Party leader and veteran Islington North MP, who is adored by owner Hussein Jabar. He is described as a “peacemaker” in one image and was even placed on top of the restaurant’s Christmas tree.
He says: “I have known Jeremy for 10 years and even though he’s got more power he hasn’t changed. Jeremy is always trying to help people, we share similar values.
“He is amazing, he has come to the restaurant previously and offered to do the dishes after he has eaten. His leadership campaign in 2015 started with a meeting here.”
You may also want to watch:
Jabar moved to Britain from Lebanon over 20 years ago. He has owned the Clifton Terrace cafe for a decade. He particularly admires Mr Corbyn’s caring persona.
“People have come to the cafe and asked him for help and he never refuses. Jeremy cares about everybody and wants a fair society for all. His main religion is his heart.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green