Business of the week: Holloway designer Jane Parker’s Islington-focused cards and prints
- Credit: Archant
Holloway designer and historian Jane Parker is a perfect example for someone who wants to monetise their hobby.
She used to blog her photographs of historical London locations. Now she’s made a dedicated business, Jane’s London, from them.
Jane makes and sells cards and prints from her photos, many of which are Islington-focused – from the Holloway Odeon to Archway Tavern.
She said: “I’ve been taking pictures around London for nearly a decade. I’m naturally an observer. The details of London streets really interest me, from painted adverts on the side of buildings to old mosaics in doorways.
“I started a blog but then realised the pictures would make good cards, and I should start selling them.”
You may also want to watch:
Jane has recently branched out to provide historical walking tours around Islington. “All my walks are done because I’m interested in local history,” she said. “I’m constantly finding out new stuff.”
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules