Business of the week: Holloway designer Jane Parker’s Islington-focused cards and prints
- Credit: Archant
Holloway designer and historian Jane Parker is a perfect example for someone who wants to monetise their hobby.
She used to blog her photographs of historical London locations. Now she’s made a dedicated business, Jane’s London, from them.
Jane makes and sells cards and prints from her photos, many of which are Islington-focused – from the Holloway Odeon to Archway Tavern.
She said: “I’ve been taking pictures around London for nearly a decade. I’m naturally an observer. The details of London streets really interest me, from painted adverts on the side of buildings to old mosaics in doorways.
“I started a blog but then realised the pictures would make good cards, and I should start selling them.”
You may also want to watch:
Jane has recently branched out to provide historical walking tours around Islington. “All my walks are done because I’m interested in local history,” she said. “I’m constantly finding out new stuff.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham