Business of the week: Holloway designer Jane Parker’s Islington-focused cards and prints
- Credit: Archant
Holloway designer and historian Jane Parker is a perfect example for someone who wants to monetise their hobby.
She used to blog her photographs of historical London locations. Now she’s made a dedicated business, Jane’s London, from them.
Jane makes and sells cards and prints from her photos, many of which are Islington-focused – from the Holloway Odeon to Archway Tavern.
She said: “I’ve been taking pictures around London for nearly a decade. I’m naturally an observer. The details of London streets really interest me, from painted adverts on the side of buildings to old mosaics in doorways.
“I started a blog but then realised the pictures would make good cards, and I should start selling them.”
You may also want to watch:
Jane has recently branched out to provide historical walking tours around Islington. “All my walks are done because I’m interested in local history,” she said. “I’m constantly finding out new stuff.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash