Business of the week: Holloway designer Jane Parker’s Islington-focused cards and prints
- Credit: Archant
Holloway designer and historian Jane Parker is a perfect example for someone who wants to monetise their hobby.
She used to blog her photographs of historical London locations. Now she’s made a dedicated business, Jane’s London, from them.
Jane makes and sells cards and prints from her photos, many of which are Islington-focused – from the Holloway Odeon to Archway Tavern.
She said: “I’ve been taking pictures around London for nearly a decade. I’m naturally an observer. The details of London streets really interest me, from painted adverts on the side of buildings to old mosaics in doorways.
“I started a blog but then realised the pictures would make good cards, and I should start selling them.”
You may also want to watch:
Jane has recently branched out to provide historical walking tours around Islington. “All my walks are done because I’m interested in local history,” she said. “I’m constantly finding out new stuff.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 8 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally