Business of the week: Holloway designer Jane Parker’s Islington-focused cards and prints
- Credit: Archant
Holloway designer and historian Jane Parker is a perfect example for someone who wants to monetise their hobby.
She used to blog her photographs of historical London locations. Now she’s made a dedicated business, Jane’s London, from them.
Jane makes and sells cards and prints from her photos, many of which are Islington-focused – from the Holloway Odeon to Archway Tavern.
She said: “I’ve been taking pictures around London for nearly a decade. I’m naturally an observer. The details of London streets really interest me, from painted adverts on the side of buildings to old mosaics in doorways.
“I started a blog but then realised the pictures would make good cards, and I should start selling them.”
You may also want to watch:
Jane has recently branched out to provide historical walking tours around Islington. “All my walks are done because I’m interested in local history,” she said. “I’m constantly finding out new stuff.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?