Business of the week: Junction Pets still going strong in Archway
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile and champion a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visited the long-standing Junction Pets shop in Junction Road, Archway.
A warm smile, a cat called Peanuts and two bearded dragons is what you’re greeted with upon entering Junction Pets in Archway.
The family-run business, owned by Karl Niblett, is part of the ever-smaller family of independent shops in Junction Road.
Of his shop, Karl says: “There’s been a pet shop here since the Second World War. We’ve had the business for 12 years – we’re animal lovers”.
Karl adds a lot of independent shops in Junction Road have closed down recently – but the pet shop business has remained steady.
You may also want to watch:
“The customers know they can come in here for a chat,” he explains, “and get some advice and they don’t have to buy anything.
“We’re a family business and we all work together harmoniously.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Karl says the shop has also branched out into web retailing: “Being online has helped us attract customers from outside the area, and contrary to what some believe we are not closing down.”