Business of the week: Junction Pets still going strong in Archway
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile and champion a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visited the long-standing Junction Pets shop in Junction Road, Archway.
A warm smile, a cat called Peanuts and two bearded dragons is what you’re greeted with upon entering Junction Pets in Archway.
The family-run business, owned by Karl Niblett, is part of the ever-smaller family of independent shops in Junction Road.
Of his shop, Karl says: “There’s been a pet shop here since the Second World War. We’ve had the business for 12 years – we’re animal lovers”.
Karl adds a lot of independent shops in Junction Road have closed down recently – but the pet shop business has remained steady.
You may also want to watch:
“The customers know they can come in here for a chat,” he explains, “and get some advice and they don’t have to buy anything.
“We’re a family business and we all work together harmoniously.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
Karl says the shop has also branched out into web retailing: “Being online has helped us attract customers from outside the area, and contrary to what some believe we are not closing down.”