Business of the week: London Pianos, Hornsey Road
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visit an obscure shop in Hornsey Road that caters for anything to do with pianos.
It’s been around for 10 years, but London Pianos is still one of Hornsey Road’s hidden gems.
Run by Klaus Weltner and tucked away at the road’s Hornsey Rise end, it’s a shop that caters for everything to do with pianos.
It has about 20 pianos on sale at any one time, but Klaus, with 25 years in the business, also offers hire, restoration and storage services. His team also gets out and about to help customers move their piano from A to B.
“Our customers are quite varied,” Klaus says. “We get quite a lot of piano teachers, musicians and families who want their kids to learn to play. We even hire out our pianos to restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what I like about this job, meeting nice people. If they like what they see, they hire or buy. And being surrounded by music is a good feeling.”
He’s cagey when asked if the shop has had famous clientele, but adds: “Certainly not Justin Bieber.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London