Business of the week: London Pianos, Hornsey Road
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visit an obscure shop in Hornsey Road that caters for anything to do with pianos.
It’s been around for 10 years, but London Pianos is still one of Hornsey Road’s hidden gems.
Run by Klaus Weltner and tucked away at the road’s Hornsey Rise end, it’s a shop that caters for everything to do with pianos.
It has about 20 pianos on sale at any one time, but Klaus, with 25 years in the business, also offers hire, restoration and storage services. His team also gets out and about to help customers move their piano from A to B.
“Our customers are quite varied,” Klaus says. “We get quite a lot of piano teachers, musicians and families who want their kids to learn to play. We even hire out our pianos to restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what I like about this job, meeting nice people. If they like what they see, they hire or buy. And being surrounded by music is a good feeling.”
He’s cagey when asked if the shop has had famous clientele, but adds: “Certainly not Justin Bieber.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 5 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 8 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington