Business of the week: London Pianos, Hornsey Road
- Credit: Archant
In a weekly feature, we profile a fascinating company doing business here in Islington. This week, we visit an obscure shop in Hornsey Road that caters for anything to do with pianos.
It’s been around for 10 years, but London Pianos is still one of Hornsey Road’s hidden gems.
Run by Klaus Weltner and tucked away at the road’s Hornsey Rise end, it’s a shop that caters for everything to do with pianos.
It has about 20 pianos on sale at any one time, but Klaus, with 25 years in the business, also offers hire, restoration and storage services. His team also gets out and about to help customers move their piano from A to B.
“Our customers are quite varied,” Klaus says. “We get quite a lot of piano teachers, musicians and families who want their kids to learn to play. We even hire out our pianos to restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what I like about this job, meeting nice people. If they like what they see, they hire or buy. And being surrounded by music is a good feeling.”
He’s cagey when asked if the shop has had famous clientele, but adds: “Certainly not Justin Bieber.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington