Business of the week: Newington Green-grocer on his loyal customer base
- Credit: Archant
A greengrocer says the trick to attracting customers is changing up the produce and not selling pre-packed goods.
Bora Bora, 50, co-owns the Newington Green Fruit and Vegetables store and also has branches in Camden and St John’s Wood.
Bora, who says he started in the trade as an 11-year-old boy in Turkey, has been running the shop for the past 13 years.
“It’s not often you find local shops like this these days,” said Bora. “But people get a lot of good choice when they come here and we try not to sell the pre-packed stuff.”
He said they try to source seasonal British produce, but also get exotic fruit from countries like Columbia and South Africa.
You may also want to watch:
“When asked why the shop is so popular, Bora said: “The loyalty of our customers is the most important thing for us.
“Also, the younger generation who have started cooking now days – But we didn’t expect to be this successful.”
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 10 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents