Business of the week: The Arsenal Shirts shop, selling retro Gunners kits (including the ‘91-’93 bruised banana)
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Nothing creates nostalgia quite like an old football shirt. One Gooner has created a successful business out of this.
Gavin Charlie runs The Arsenal Shirts online shop, selling retro kits from the past 30 years.
When a pal has a shirt they don’t want any more, Gavin buys it off them and puts them up for sale.
Gavin, who also runs the She Wore merchandise store, said: “We have shirts from 1988 up to the end of Nike in 2014. We don’t do the newer Puma ones purely because it’s easy to get hold of them.
“A lot of people at the moment hark back to the retro stuff. It could be because Arsenal was better back then, or people had these shirts as a kid and want them as an adult. They really bring back memories.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s funny, because the more unpopular a shirt was at the time, the more popular it is now. The ‘bruised banana’ yellow away shirt from 1991 to 1993 was hammered at the time. Now they can go for up to £250!”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today