Business of the week: The Arsenal Shirts shop, selling retro Gunners kits (including the ‘91-’93 bruised banana)
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Nothing creates nostalgia quite like an old football shirt. One Gooner has created a successful business out of this.
Gavin Charlie runs The Arsenal Shirts online shop, selling retro kits from the past 30 years.
When a pal has a shirt they don’t want any more, Gavin buys it off them and puts them up for sale.
Gavin, who also runs the She Wore merchandise store, said: “We have shirts from 1988 up to the end of Nike in 2014. We don’t do the newer Puma ones purely because it’s easy to get hold of them.
“A lot of people at the moment hark back to the retro stuff. It could be because Arsenal was better back then, or people had these shirts as a kid and want them as an adult. They really bring back memories.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s funny, because the more unpopular a shirt was at the time, the more popular it is now. The ‘bruised banana’ yellow away shirt from 1991 to 1993 was hammered at the time. Now they can go for up to £250!”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham