Business of the week: The Arsenal Shirts shop, selling retro Gunners kits (including the ‘91-’93 bruised banana)
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Nothing creates nostalgia quite like an old football shirt. One Gooner has created a successful business out of this.
Gavin Charlie runs The Arsenal Shirts online shop, selling retro kits from the past 30 years.
When a pal has a shirt they don’t want any more, Gavin buys it off them and puts them up for sale.
Gavin, who also runs the She Wore merchandise store, said: “We have shirts from 1988 up to the end of Nike in 2014. We don’t do the newer Puma ones purely because it’s easy to get hold of them.
“A lot of people at the moment hark back to the retro stuff. It could be because Arsenal was better back then, or people had these shirts as a kid and want them as an adult. They really bring back memories.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s funny, because the more unpopular a shirt was at the time, the more popular it is now. The ‘bruised banana’ yellow away shirt from 1991 to 1993 was hammered at the time. Now they can go for up to £250!”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?