Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- Credit: Lidl
The first shoppers are enjoying Finsbury Park's new Lidl shop, which opened inside the Arts Building on Morris Place this week.
The opening week drew in crowds with exclusive deals and offers, as well as its large sales area of 917m2 and a bakery section.
Extra produce from the shop is donated to community food hubs which support families including The Boiler House Community Space and Highbury Vale Blackstock Trust. This is part of the Lidl's Feed-it-Back scheme which connects shops across the country to community kitchens and foodbanks.
Lidl GB’s regional head of property, Mike Devine, said: “We would like to thank all those who have played a part in bringing this new Lidl store to Finsbury Park.”
Covid-19 safety precautions are in measure with regular cleaning stations and protective screens at checkout.
You may also want to watch:
Opening times are between 7am - 11pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am – 4pm on Sunday.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency