Finsbury Park natural wine shop expands to the East End
Emma Bartholomew and Mike Brooke
- Credit: Cuvée
Bosses of a natural wine shop in Finsbury Park are expanding with a new branch in Bethnal Green.
Brodie Meah and Max Venning's Blackstock Road deli and restaurant Top Cuvée was impacted by the Covid lockdown, so they decided to launch a wine delivery business, Shop Cuvée instead.
Now they are hoping to tap into the East End market by expanding into Bethnal Green Road next month, with their range of natural, bio-dynamic, organic and raw wines, which are made without using pesticides and with as little intervention as possible.
"Bringing the business to Bethnal Green is beyond exciting,” Brodie said.
“It’s where I’ve lived since arriving in London, so I know it’s just what's needed.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a project every wine person dreams of opening, a wine bar.”
The pals plan to open Cave Cuvée where you “grab a bottle straight from the shelves” and make your way down to the cellar tasting room, and also have bike couriers for home deliveries.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week