Grants boost for night time and cultural venues hit by Covid-19 restrictions
- Credit: Ken Mears
Grants of £15,000 or £30,000 are set to be awarded to entertainment venues which have been hit by Covid-19 restrictions.
Islington Council has pledged to help pubs and music, comedy, theatre and dance venues. Although some have returned, it will still be a few weeks until all venues are able to open.
Eligible small and medium size businesses must have ongoing fixed premises costs, and meet other criteria, detailed on the council's website.
Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington Council's business lead, said: “I’m delighted that more businesses have been able to safely welcome customers back in recent days.
“However we know some businesses - like our pubs and small venues for music, theatre and comedy - have been especially hit hard by the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
“These brilliant and unique businesses are a huge part of Islington, and support many jobs and businesses across our borough. They are a big part of why people come to visit Islington and spend money in our evening economy."
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern