Grants boost for night time and cultural venues hit by Covid-19 restrictions
- Credit: Ken Mears
Grants of £15,000 or £30,000 are set to be awarded to entertainment venues which have been hit by Covid-19 restrictions.
Islington Council has pledged to help pubs and music, comedy, theatre and dance venues. Although some have returned, it will still be a few weeks until all venues are able to open.
Eligible small and medium size businesses must have ongoing fixed premises costs, and meet other criteria, detailed on the council's website.
Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington Council's business lead, said: “I’m delighted that more businesses have been able to safely welcome customers back in recent days.
“However we know some businesses - like our pubs and small venues for music, theatre and comedy - have been especially hit hard by the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
“These brilliant and unique businesses are a huge part of Islington, and support many jobs and businesses across our borough. They are a big part of why people come to visit Islington and spend money in our evening economy."
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close