Santander confirms 20 London branches will close
- Credit: Casey Gutteridge
Santander is set to close its branches in Wembley and South Harrow, as well as others in London - according to reports.
It has been widely reported this morning (Friday, July 2) that the bank will close 75 high street outlets, having previously confirmed 111 would shut before the end of summer.
Santander has said 452 will remain open. Those closing will be within three miles of another branch.
London Santander branch closures include:
Bethnal Green, Bethnal Green Road,
Chelsea, Chelsea Kings Road,
Chingford, Chingford Old Church Road,
Harold Hill, Farnham Road
Hounslow, Bath Road,
London Bridge, Southwark Street,
Mill Hill, Broadway,
Norbury, London Road,
Putney, High Street,
South Harrow, Northolt Road,
Southgate, Chase Side,
Surbiton, Victoria Road,
Twickenham, King Street,
Upper Edmonton, Fore Street
Wembley, Preston Road
A statement from Adam Bishop at Santander read: “Branch usage by customers has fallen considerably over recent years so we have made the difficult decision to consolidate our presence in areas where we have multiple branches relatively close together.”
Customers with concerns are advised to call a helpline: 0800 085 0879.
- 1 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 2 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 3 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 6 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 9 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 10 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close