Plans to reopen Highgate Newtown pub
- Credit: Nathalie Raffray
An application has been submitted for a premises licence for a pub in Highgate Newtown.
Ei Group, formerly known as Enterprise Inns Plc, has applied for a licence for The Star pub in Chester Road.
The licence would allow the sale of alcohol from Sunday to Thursday, from 10am to 11pm, and from 10am to 12.30am on Friday and Saturday. There is also an application to show films, and host live and recorded music.
The applications replicate existing trading licences for the building.
A spokesperson for Stonegate Pub Partners said: “We are working with our business partner at The Star and plan to reopen the pub very soon.
"The pub has received a small investment behind the scenes as we look forward to welcoming customers back.”
The pub, which closed two years ago, has an outdoor patio area allows for al fresco dining during the warmer months.
- 1 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 2 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 3 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 4 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 7 Fast food chain Leon launches 80th restaurant in Angel
- 8 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 9 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 10 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
Andrew Whitehead, who lives locally, said: "I'm really pleased it's coming back to life. It's a good pub."
Representations on the licensing application will be taken until April 26.