‘World-class’ musicians set to appear at Caledonian Park’s free Clock Tower Festival
- Credit: Archant
A free festival in Cally Park will give people a chance to see “world-class artists” perform on August 4.
Clock Tower Festival will return to Caledonian Park from 11am-4pm, after a two year hiatus while the council carried out major renovation works on the ticking landmark.
The celebration has been put together on a "tiny budget" but will boast an array of seasoned musicians, with food and a bar plus face painting and a bouncy castle for the kids.
Chair of Caledonian Park Friends Group Miriam Ashwell told the Gazette: "It would just be so nice to see everybody and there is so many exciting things happening in the park at the moment. Come and get involved and meet the community - it's a chance to see world-class artists for absolutely free right next door in your local park."
Neighbours can also book a stall at the festival for £10 - contact Miriam on 07739 180758 if you're interested.
You may also want to watch:
For further details see: caledonianparkfriendsgroup.org
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools