Caledonian Road cafe will donate all profits to homeless shelter
- Credit: Archant
A vegan café set to open in Caledonian Road will give all profits going to a homeless shelter.
The New Roots Café will launch next week in support of Highway House, a charity working in Islington and Tottenham.
Breakfast, lunch, cakes, tea and coffee will be available from 8am to 4pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Office space and a catering delivery service will also be on offer.
New Roots will be showcasing locally grown produce and working in partnership with nearby non-waste food agencies.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer Ann O’Toole said: “It’s going to be great to meet the people who want to support New Roots Café.
“It has been amazing, to see such positivity from the volunteers that keep on joining us. A real antidote to a lot of the negativity in the world today.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Highway House provides shelter to over 50 homeless people and also provides food and counselling.