Caledonian Road cafe will donate all profits to homeless shelter
- Credit: Archant
A vegan café set to open in Caledonian Road will give all profits going to a homeless shelter.
The New Roots Café will launch next week in support of Highway House, a charity working in Islington and Tottenham.
Breakfast, lunch, cakes, tea and coffee will be available from 8am to 4pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Office space and a catering delivery service will also be on offer.
New Roots will be showcasing locally grown produce and working in partnership with nearby non-waste food agencies.
Volunteer Ann O’Toole said: “It’s going to be great to meet the people who want to support New Roots Café.
“It has been amazing, to see such positivity from the volunteers that keep on joining us. A real antidote to a lot of the negativity in the world today.”
- 1 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 2 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 3 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 4 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 5 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 8 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
Highway House provides shelter to over 50 homeless people and also provides food and counselling.