Caledonian Road cafe will donate all profits to homeless shelter
- Credit: Archant
A vegan café set to open in Caledonian Road will give all profits going to a homeless shelter.
The New Roots Café will launch next week in support of Highway House, a charity working in Islington and Tottenham.
Breakfast, lunch, cakes, tea and coffee will be available from 8am to 4pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Office space and a catering delivery service will also be on offer.
New Roots will be showcasing locally grown produce and working in partnership with nearby non-waste food agencies.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer Ann O’Toole said: “It’s going to be great to meet the people who want to support New Roots Café.
“It has been amazing, to see such positivity from the volunteers that keep on joining us. A real antidote to a lot of the negativity in the world today.”
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Highway House provides shelter to over 50 homeless people and also provides food and counselling.