Cally adventure playground gets makeover
- Credit: Greystar Europe
An adventure playground for youngsters with special needs has been given a makeover, with a new fire pit and giant wooden seesaw.
Hayward Adventure Playground in Market Road, in the Cally, has a large outdoor space for children aged six to 15 to explore and get back to nature.
More than 20 volunteers from build-to-rent property firm Greystar and its partners spent a week to clearing the bonfire area to install a new fire pit, put in new flood lighting, installed kitchen cupboards, lockers, plug sockets and taps, and gave the whole place a deep clean.
Grace Morgan, from Greystar, said: "It's been tough to raise money for charity this year, with large fundraising events made impossible, and many companies suffering plummeting profits.
"The Hayward is a haven for learning and play, hosting up to 40 special educational needs children and their workers every day, sometimes until 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
"When I met Katy the playground manager and her team last summer, I was amazed to learn that they are open practically 365 days a year.
"This, coupled with dwindling funds due to the pandemic, meant the playground needed some serious tender loving care."
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago