Cally adventure playground gets makeover
- Credit: Greystar Europe
An adventure playground for youngsters with special needs has been given a makeover, with a new fire pit and giant wooden seesaw.
Hayward Adventure Playground in Market Road, in the Cally, has a large outdoor space for children aged six to 15 to explore and get back to nature.
More than 20 volunteers from build-to-rent property firm Greystar and its partners spent a week to clearing the bonfire area to install a new fire pit, put in new flood lighting, installed kitchen cupboards, lockers, plug sockets and taps, and gave the whole place a deep clean.
Grace Morgan, from Greystar, said: "It's been tough to raise money for charity this year, with large fundraising events made impossible, and many companies suffering plummeting profits.
"The Hayward is a haven for learning and play, hosting up to 40 special educational needs children and their workers every day, sometimes until 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
"When I met Katy the playground manager and her team last summer, I was amazed to learn that they are open practically 365 days a year.
"This, coupled with dwindling funds due to the pandemic, meant the playground needed some serious tender loving care."
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases