Buisness of the week: Cally tradesman installs bespoke cat and dog flaps
A Cally tradesman has been installing bespoke cat and dog flaps in homes across the borough for the best part of 15 years.
Gerry Doyle, 60, has lived just off the Caledonian Road for 25 years and says he typically gets between one and three jobs a month.
Gerry fits flaps in timber doors and glazed windows and said the price can fluctuate between £190 to £350 for each job.
He said: “They work doesn’t come in every day but I like doing it anyway because it’s a service to the community.”
But he added: “When I finish a job there is always lots of happy cats and dogs.”
You may also want to watch:
The cat flap creator says most customers opt for the micro-chipped cat flaps because they keep other animals out.
Gerry, who lives with his own cat called Tinker, also plies his trade in the surrounding boroughs of Camden and Haringey.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
To get in touch with him for a free estimate, call 07711268595.