Buisness of the week: Cally tradesman installs bespoke cat and dog flaps
A Cally tradesman has been installing bespoke cat and dog flaps in homes across the borough for the best part of 15 years.
Gerry Doyle, 60, has lived just off the Caledonian Road for 25 years and says he typically gets between one and three jobs a month.
Gerry fits flaps in timber doors and glazed windows and said the price can fluctuate between £190 to £350 for each job.
He said: “They work doesn’t come in every day but I like doing it anyway because it’s a service to the community.”
But he added: “When I finish a job there is always lots of happy cats and dogs.”
You may also want to watch:
The cat flap creator says most customers opt for the micro-chipped cat flaps because they keep other animals out.
Gerry, who lives with his own cat called Tinker, also plies his trade in the surrounding boroughs of Camden and Haringey.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
To get in touch with him for a free estimate, call 07711268595.