Can I stop going bald?
I have male pattern baldness, and I’m only 32.
I need to know if there are any known cures for this. I look so old. I can’t bear it.
Barbara says: If there were any known cures for it, don’t you think Prince William would have found them? There are a couple of possible over-the-counter medications. One is a pill, the other is a lotion. Ask at your chemist. Both are seriously expensive – around �10 per week.
The pill may affect your sex drive. Both take about four months to show any signs of holding back the baldness. They do seem to slow it down in many cases, and in some they really help. But you have to keep working on it. Let up on the pill or the lotion, and the problem returns.
The other options are hair weaves etc, which cost a prince’s ransom. Scientists now know what causes it. It’s inherited from your mum’s side of the family. They think they may have a cure eventually.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t hold your breath. Anyway, some ladies love bald guys. Fact.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat