Can I stop going bald?
I have male pattern baldness, and I’m only 32.
I need to know if there are any known cures for this. I look so old. I can’t bear it.
Barbara says: If there were any known cures for it, don’t you think Prince William would have found them? There are a couple of possible over-the-counter medications. One is a pill, the other is a lotion. Ask at your chemist. Both are seriously expensive – around �10 per week.
The pill may affect your sex drive. Both take about four months to show any signs of holding back the baldness. They do seem to slow it down in many cases, and in some they really help. But you have to keep working on it. Let up on the pill or the lotion, and the problem returns.
The other options are hair weaves etc, which cost a prince’s ransom. Scientists now know what causes it. It’s inherited from your mum’s side of the family. They think they may have a cure eventually.
Don’t hold your breath. Anyway, some ladies love bald guys. Fact.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?