Can’t Dance - Theatre Review
Fancy sipping a martini whilst being insulted by glitzy neo-cabaret sensations? Then Bourgeois & Maurice’s CAN’T DANCE at Sadler’s Wells is the show to see.
GET your kicks from the best cabaret act of the 21st si�cle - as Georgeois Bourgeois and his bee-hived stooge Maurice Maurice hit the stage with their third, sequin-drenched, show Can’t Dance.
Dynamic duo Bourgeois & Maurice put their imprint on our most treasured genres - ballet, hip hop, contemporary and Morris dancing. Oh, and they do a strip tease whilst satirising tax increases.
But, you may ask, can they dance? I am not sure, dear reader, but they are a bit better than Blondie.
As well as prancing they perform original songs - with Maurice on the old Joanna - crack wry jokes and invite the odd lucky audience member to sip a martini whilst being violently insulted.
You may also want to watch:
As if this was not enough, in the background there is film footage of an avant-garde lesson with Blackpool performance artist David Hoyle, who attempts to force feed our intrepid pair stale ambrosia creamed rice. And, there is a cartoon of them meeting surly Sergei Diaghilev in gay Paris.
There is not page space to mention the costume changes.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 10 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
With good cabaret thinner on the ground than a non-rigged reality show, do not pass up the chance to see the glitziest show of the season.
* Showing at Sadler’s Wells, Lilian Baylis Studio, in Rosebery Avenue, EC1, until Thursday, December 23.