Canonbury schoolgirl joins Cheryl Fernandez-Versini at tonight’s Oxford Street Christmas light switch on
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Canonbury schoolgirl will join X Factor judge Cheryl Fernandez-Versini as she switches on the Oxford Street Christmas lights tonight.
Lauren Kidd, 16, a pupil at North Bridge House, in Canonbury Place, will sing in front of thousands at the gala event alongside boy band Rixton and singer/songwriter Jess Glynne after she won a talent competition.
Entrants to musical showdown had to upload a song to Facebook.
The song to get the most ‘likes’ was the winner - Lauren claimed top spot with her rendition of No One by Alicia Keys.
She said; “I don’t know how I feel right now, it’s all a bit unreal.
You may also want to watch:
“When I found out I couldn’t believe it - I screamed.”
Lauren’s mum Clair Bolister said: “We are all so proud of Lauren, we’re over the moon.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
“She’s such a brilliant singer and she’s really excited about tonight.
“We’ll all be going down to watch her, grandparents, great-grandparents. We’ll probably all get lost in the crowd.”
The event, sponsored by department store John Lewis, starts at 5pm.