Canonbury schoolgirl joins Cheryl Fernandez-Versini at tonight’s Oxford Street Christmas light switch on
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Canonbury schoolgirl will join X Factor judge Cheryl Fernandez-Versini as she switches on the Oxford Street Christmas lights tonight.
Lauren Kidd, 16, a pupil at North Bridge House, in Canonbury Place, will sing in front of thousands at the gala event alongside boy band Rixton and singer/songwriter Jess Glynne after she won a talent competition.
Entrants to musical showdown had to upload a song to Facebook.
The song to get the most ‘likes’ was the winner - Lauren claimed top spot with her rendition of No One by Alicia Keys.
She said; “I don’t know how I feel right now, it’s all a bit unreal.
You may also want to watch:
“When I found out I couldn’t believe it - I screamed.”
Lauren’s mum Clair Bolister said: “We are all so proud of Lauren, we’re over the moon.
- 1 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 2 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 3 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 New 'ethical' Deliveroo-style service coming to Islington
- 10 Letters: Holloway Prison site development
“She’s such a brilliant singer and she’s really excited about tonight.
“We’ll all be going down to watch her, grandparents, great-grandparents. We’ll probably all get lost in the crowd.”
The event, sponsored by department store John Lewis, starts at 5pm.