Car left on its roof after third Holloway collision in a week
- Credit: Archant
A car was left on its roof after a multi-car collision yesterday - the third in Holloway in just a few days.
The vehicle collided with a parked car, skidded and flipped upside down, colliding with four other cars in the process, at about 2pm on Hornsey Road near the junction of Arthur Road.
The 45-year-old male driver was treated at the scene for injuries caused by his seatbelt - no one else was injured and no arrestes were made.
Road closures were in place until about 4pm.
On Tuesday last week, a teenager was rushed to hospital after a “horrific” collision with a Royal Mail van nearby Seven Sisters Road.
You may also want to watch:
Then the following day, just feet away on the same road, a motorcyclist was rushed to hospital with chest injuries after a collision with a lorry.
Cllr Caroline Russell, Islington Council’s opposition Green Party member, said: “I am glad that no passers by or other road users were harmed in this case, but the frequency of these serious collisions indicates a need to enforce 20 mph speed limits on borough roads and for Transport for London to reduce limits on their roads to 20mph too.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
“This would tame the traffic and make our streets safer and more people-friendly.”