Carrying a knife should mean prison
there were two stabbings on March 23 – one in Barnard Park, and one opposite Thornhill School, near Lofting Road.
There were loads of police after the one in Barnard Park, and the “youths” or hoodrats as they are known, were standing in gangs smoking their drugs, and the police did nothing to disperse them – no telling off, no arrests, nothing. And they wonder why the youths don’t give a damn.
These kids are never going to learn – they go around stabbing each other as if it is a game of cat and mouse.
The police need to do more, to be seen in the area. It’s becoming a joke in the Barnsbury/Cally Road area – and, as for the stabbings, the law needs to change.
It should clearly state that if you carry a knife you will be put in prison – simple, no ifs no buts. And bring back capital punishment – a life for a life!
You may also want to watch:
What is this world coming to? From what I have seen from the police on this occasion, there is no law in force – smoking drugs, having pitbulls running around a public park with no lead, carrying knives and nothing happens to these hoodrats. This area is going down rapidly and no one seems to care. – Name and address supplied.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream