Carrying a knife should mean prison
there were two stabbings on March 23 – one in Barnard Park, and one opposite Thornhill School, near Lofting Road.
There were loads of police after the one in Barnard Park, and the “youths” or hoodrats as they are known, were standing in gangs smoking their drugs, and the police did nothing to disperse them – no telling off, no arrests, nothing. And they wonder why the youths don’t give a damn.
These kids are never going to learn – they go around stabbing each other as if it is a game of cat and mouse.
The police need to do more, to be seen in the area. It’s becoming a joke in the Barnsbury/Cally Road area – and, as for the stabbings, the law needs to change.
It should clearly state that if you carry a knife you will be put in prison – simple, no ifs no buts. And bring back capital punishment – a life for a life!
You may also want to watch:
What is this world coming to? From what I have seen from the police on this occasion, there is no law in force – smoking drugs, having pitbulls running around a public park with no lead, carrying knives and nothing happens to these hoodrats. This area is going down rapidly and no one seems to care. – Name and address supplied.
- 1 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 7 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 8 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 9 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 10 'Belated greenwash'?: Campaigners slam Ocado's delivery hub consultation