Cars destroyed in Stroud Green Road fire
- Credit: Archant
Two cars were today destroyed in a storage unit fire in Stroud Green Road.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters were called to the scene just before 2am. The fire was brought under control about an hour later,
The single story building was partially damaged by the blaze. Two further cars were also damaged.
Watch manager Graham Foskett, who was at the scene, said: “A car was alight in an alleyway when crews arrived and it then spread to a further three cars.
“They all looked like they had been dumped and flames then spread to the outside of an outbuilding.”
You may also want to watch:
Police also attended and a Met spokeswoman this afternoon said a scene of crime officer is making enquiries as to whether the incident could have been arson.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting