Cars destroyed in Stroud Green Road fire
- Credit: Archant
Two cars were today destroyed in a storage unit fire in Stroud Green Road.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters were called to the scene just before 2am. The fire was brought under control about an hour later,
The single story building was partially damaged by the blaze. Two further cars were also damaged.
Watch manager Graham Foskett, who was at the scene, said: “A car was alight in an alleyway when crews arrived and it then spread to a further three cars.
“They all looked like they had been dumped and flames then spread to the outside of an outbuilding.”
You may also want to watch:
Police also attended and a Met spokeswoman this afternoon said a scene of crime officer is making enquiries as to whether the incident could have been arson.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers