Casting company in search for Islington boy to star in Robert Pattinson film
- Credit: PA WIRE
A casting company is on the hunt for a youngster to star alongside Hollywood superstar Robert Pattinson in a new film.
No acting experience is required for the role and Des Hamilton Casting, in Clerkenwell Road, Finsbury, hopes to find the fledgling actor from within Islington’s boundaries.
The yet-to-be-named film centres around events in the boy’s childhood, and the director is looking for a boy aged eight or nine with an “androgynous” look to play the lead role.
British actor Robert Pattinson, best known for his role as Edward Cullen in the film franchise Twilight – based on the books by Stephenie Meyer – will also be starring in the film.
Casting associate Elan Jones said: “It will be a great opportunity for whoever lands the part as it will be a major film with an up and coming director.
You may also want to watch:
“In the film the boy has a French mother and British father so any knowledge of French is a bonus, but not essential.
“Auditions will be taking place over the coming weeks.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
Any parents interested in putting forward their son should email email@example.com with a photo of him and a paragraph about him.