Casting company in search for Islington boy to star in Robert Pattinson film
- Credit: PA WIRE
A casting company is on the hunt for a youngster to star alongside Hollywood superstar Robert Pattinson in a new film.
No acting experience is required for the role and Des Hamilton Casting, in Clerkenwell Road, Finsbury, hopes to find the fledgling actor from within Islington’s boundaries.
The yet-to-be-named film centres around events in the boy’s childhood, and the director is looking for a boy aged eight or nine with an “androgynous” look to play the lead role.
British actor Robert Pattinson, best known for his role as Edward Cullen in the film franchise Twilight – based on the books by Stephenie Meyer – will also be starring in the film.
Casting associate Elan Jones said: “It will be a great opportunity for whoever lands the part as it will be a major film with an up and coming director.
You may also want to watch:
“In the film the boy has a French mother and British father so any knowledge of French is a bonus, but not essential.
“Auditions will be taking place over the coming weeks.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 9 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
Any parents interested in putting forward their son should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of him and a paragraph about him.