Central Foundation Boys’ in Finsbury bucks national trend of decline in GCSE grades
Despite a nationwide dip on GCSE results this year, Central Foundation Boys School are celebrating an improved set of grades today.
The school in Cowper Street, Finsbury saw 66 per cent of students achieve the benchmark five A* to C grades including English and maths – up two per cent on last year’s results.
Meanwhile, 68 per cent achieved two GCSEs at grade C or above in science, and in maths and English, 85 per and 78 per cent respectively achieved at least a grade C.
There were also some impressive individual success stories, including Mohamed Abdullahi who achieved 12 GCSEs including three A*s and six As and Kevin Wu who secured 11 GCSEs with nine A* to A grades.
Fellow pupil Samir Sayah juggles a busy extra-curricular schedule including drama club, school productions and debating, yet still achieved 11 GCSEs, eight of which were graded A* to A.
You may also want to watch:
Likewise, Oluwalolusegun Kogbodoku, who represents the school in the orchestra, choir and debating, achieved 11 GCSEs including three A*s and eight As. He is now looking forward to studying economics, mathematics, chemistry and physics, with a view to taking a chemical engineering degree.
Head teacher Jamie Brownhill said: “We are delighted for the students, that their hard work and determination has rewarded so many of them with excellent GCSE results.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother