Chance to trade in those old dresses at Smithfield charity bash
BART’S Hospital is inviting women to trade in those unwanted old dresses for the new year at the first ever Frock Swap party in aid of London’s Air Ambulance.
The Great Hall at the West Smithfield hospital will host the fun charity bash event on February 2 – and the organisers hope it will raise awareness of the life saving ambulance service as well as cold hard cash.
Jodie Potter, fundraiser at London’s Air Ambulance, said: “There will be wine, cakes and music – what more can I say?
“We wanted to attract more female supporters and volunteers to the charity and the work it does, but we wanted something a bit different and fun. “We thought about what all women tend to do at the start of the year – a wardrobe clear out! But generally you really don’t want to throw your favourite garments away.
“We also want everyone to have fun and leave happy with their swaps. We may make this a regular event or women could hold their own Frock Swaps in association with us. Personally, I am hoping to have a few great swaps myself.”
You may also want to watch:
Designer Suzanne Clements, of Clements Ribeiro, is also set to make an appearance, and will auction off one of her dresses on the night. And there is a long list of amazing prizes for the raffle, such as theatre tickets and Benefit make-up gift boxes. And the venue is pretty spectacular too.
“The Great Hall at Barts is said to be one of the finest public rooms in London with its grand staircase and Hogarth murals,” said Ms Potter.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
“We will be lighting the huge log fire for the evening which should create a lovely atmosphere.
“London’s Air Ambulance is part of Barts and The London Trust so we are very lucky to have access to such a beautiful venue.”
Ladies can swap a maximum of four garments and all leftover items will be kept by London’s Air Ambulance and donated to World Trading UK.
London’s Air Ambulance is a registered charity and provides a vital service to around 10 million people who live and work within the M25.
- To find out more about the charity: www.londonsairambulance.com