Chapel Market to host cheese festival
- Credit: Archant
A cheese festival is coming to Chapel Market.
“Cheese Street N1”, which will take place on Sundays September 24 and October 1, will celebrate the best cheeses from local and regional makers and mongers.
The pop-up festival will feature stalls from shops including Highbury’s La Fromagerie.
There will be tastings, masterclasses, talks from producers, free samples and music. There will also be dairy-inspired cocktails at The Joker pub, using the “world’s first pure milk vodka”.
Islington has a rich dairy heritage. In the mid-19th century, there were about 170 dairies in Islington – with most buying their milk from Laycocks farm.
You may also want to watch:
And organisers London Farmers Markets promised: “Cheese Street will be returning Islington to its roots.”
Both festivals take place from 10am to 3pm. For more information, visit lfm.org.uk
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder