Chapel Market to host cheese festival
- Credit: Archant
A cheese festival is coming to Chapel Market.
“Cheese Street N1”, which will take place on Sundays September 24 and October 1, will celebrate the best cheeses from local and regional makers and mongers.
The pop-up festival will feature stalls from shops including Highbury’s La Fromagerie.
There will be tastings, masterclasses, talks from producers, free samples and music. There will also be dairy-inspired cocktails at The Joker pub, using the “world’s first pure milk vodka”.
Islington has a rich dairy heritage. In the mid-19th century, there were about 170 dairies in Islington – with most buying their milk from Laycocks farm.
You may also want to watch:
And organisers London Farmers Markets promised: “Cheese Street will be returning Islington to its roots.”
Both festivals take place from 10am to 3pm. For more information, visit lfm.org.uk
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year