- Credit: Archant
Green Party candidate for Islington South and Finsbury
Marital status: Single
You may also want to watch:
Interests outside politics: Assisting in housing scrutiny for housing association (for my landlord – Newlon Housing Association) cycling (and cycle touring), history, squash, five-a-side football, badminton.
Current job: Costing officer for local authority housing repairs.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 5 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 6 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 9 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 10 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
Any directorships/ other financial interests: None. No shares, no investments.
What jobs/ interests will you continue with if elected: No other paid jobs. Would keep in touch with local community groups as far as possible, for example homeless groups and campaigning groups such as the anti-austerity and climate change action groups. Would also try to keep up some fitness interests.
What is your local connection to the area: Live just off Caledonian Road and have spent a large part of my youth in Islington visiting pubs and clubs.
If I am elected, the first thing I will do is: Work with colleagues to take urgent action on private tenancy crisis in London.
How would/did you vote on the following issues:
Assisted Suicide? For, as long as safeguards in place
Gay marriage? For, I would also vote for civil partnership to be extended to people who are not lesbian, bisexual or gay.
UK Military action against Syria? Against. Need a political solution.
Smoking in cars? Would vote against allowing smoking in cars