- Credit: Archant
Green Party candidate for Islington South and Finsbury
Marital status: Single
You may also want to watch:
Interests outside politics: Assisting in housing scrutiny for housing association (for my landlord – Newlon Housing Association) cycling (and cycle touring), history, squash, five-a-side football, badminton.
Current job: Costing officer for local authority housing repairs.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
Any directorships/ other financial interests: None. No shares, no investments.
What jobs/ interests will you continue with if elected: No other paid jobs. Would keep in touch with local community groups as far as possible, for example homeless groups and campaigning groups such as the anti-austerity and climate change action groups. Would also try to keep up some fitness interests.
What is your local connection to the area: Live just off Caledonian Road and have spent a large part of my youth in Islington visiting pubs and clubs.
If I am elected, the first thing I will do is: Work with colleagues to take urgent action on private tenancy crisis in London.
How would/did you vote on the following issues:
Assisted Suicide? For, as long as safeguards in place
Gay marriage? For, I would also vote for civil partnership to be extended to people who are not lesbian, bisexual or gay.
UK Military action against Syria? Against. Need a political solution.
Smoking in cars? Would vote against allowing smoking in cars