Chef who worked with Gordon Ramsay to open second Chriskitch in Hoxton
- Credit: Mischa Photo Ltd
A top-flight chef who worked with Gordon Ramsay is to open a second branch of his popular neighbourhood deli restaurant in Hoxton.
Christian Honor’s Chriskitch café in Muswell Hill has proved a hit with lunchtime diners ever since it opened back in 2013 with its small, stripped-back menu and a focus on using a few, seasonal and humble ingredients well.
Now for the first time, Chriskitch will offer breakfast, brunch and dinner on top of lunch at the Hoxton branch in Hoxton Market, which opens in May.
The Hackney branch will see chefs use fireside cooking techniques on an open-fire grill, and the menu will change every day, using fresh ingredients from the market.
But sample dishes include plank salmon, cooked on the open grill for a deeper flavour, and butter champagne poached oysters, served with truffles and scrambled eggs and topped with caviar.
You may also want to watch:
Unlike in Muswell Hill, the Hoxton branch is licensed and beers are all sourced from the Hoxton Micro Brewery. Honor will also be serving up his own cola creation, which contains lavender, cinnamon and burnt sugar.
Describing his food, Honor says: “I think in terms of combinations. Mix up the flavours and textures and, at the same time, make it appeal to the eye. Mostly I add a good pinch of the unexpected.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
For 15 years, Honor worked in some of the most prestigious kitchens in the world, including The Dorchester.
But in 2013, he abandoned his elite career to set up his own cafe only serving lunch in order to spend more time with his wife and kids.
It opened to rave reviews, and has been praised by top food critics including Jay Rayner and Giles Coren.
The Hoxton branch will open at the beginning of May. chriskitch.com