Chef who worked with Gordon Ramsay to open second Chriskitch in Hoxton
- Credit: Mischa Photo Ltd
A top-flight chef who worked with Gordon Ramsay is to open a second branch of his popular neighbourhood deli restaurant in Hoxton.
Christian Honor’s Chriskitch café in Muswell Hill has proved a hit with lunchtime diners ever since it opened back in 2013 with its small, stripped-back menu and a focus on using a few, seasonal and humble ingredients well.
Now for the first time, Chriskitch will offer breakfast, brunch and dinner on top of lunch at the Hoxton branch in Hoxton Market, which opens in May.
The Hackney branch will see chefs use fireside cooking techniques on an open-fire grill, and the menu will change every day, using fresh ingredients from the market.
But sample dishes include plank salmon, cooked on the open grill for a deeper flavour, and butter champagne poached oysters, served with truffles and scrambled eggs and topped with caviar.
You may also want to watch:
Unlike in Muswell Hill, the Hoxton branch is licensed and beers are all sourced from the Hoxton Micro Brewery. Honor will also be serving up his own cola creation, which contains lavender, cinnamon and burnt sugar.
Describing his food, Honor says: “I think in terms of combinations. Mix up the flavours and textures and, at the same time, make it appeal to the eye. Mostly I add a good pinch of the unexpected.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
For 15 years, Honor worked in some of the most prestigious kitchens in the world, including The Dorchester.
But in 2013, he abandoned his elite career to set up his own cafe only serving lunch in order to spend more time with his wife and kids.
It opened to rave reviews, and has been praised by top food critics including Jay Rayner and Giles Coren.
The Hoxton branch will open at the beginning of May. chriskitch.com