Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal player ratings: Martinelli and Bellerin save the day as Mustafi struggles
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
10-man Arsenal showed plenty of character as they came from behind to draw 2-2 with London rivals Chelsea on Tuesday night. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings from Stamford Bridge.
Bernd Leno - 7 - Made some important saves, most notably from Ross Barkley's second half header and commanded his box well.
Hector Bellerin - 7.5 - Found himself pinned back but defended well under heavy Chelsea pressure in the second half. The one time he did get forward he scored a superb goal to earn a draw.
Shkodran Mustafi - 2 - Let his side down with a stupid error, something that has been a hallmark of his time in north London. It's not the first time he's cost the Gunners, and I don't imagine it'll be the last.
David Luiz - 3 - Sent off and maybe should have decided to stay on the pitch, rather than bringing down Abraham. That said, he has every right to be furious with partner Mustafi for leaving him in that situation.
You may also want to watch:
Bukayo Saka - 7 - Defended well and got forward in support of Martinelli down the left as the 18-year-old continues to do well in defence.
Granit Xhaka - 7.5 - Asked to play in defence for most of the game after Luiz was sent off, and he put in a solid, winning balls in the area and sweeping up danger.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Lucas Torreira - 6 - Had little support in midfield up until Guendouzi's introduction, but worked hard for the team as he always does.
Nicolas Pepe - 5 - Tried to cause Chelsea problems, but produced very little in the final third.
Mesut Ozil - 4 - Anonymous as he often is in the big games against the big teams. Taken off by Arteta before the hour.
Gabriel Martinelli - 8.5 - What a signing and find he has been for Arsenal. Ran from the edge of his own area to score a superb goal and worked his socks off for the team.
Alexandre Lacazette - 6 - Given little service, but held the ball up well and worked hard for the team.
Matteo Guendouzi - 6.5 - Battled hard in midfield and helped Arsenal get forward in the second half.
Rob Holding - 6 - Did okay after coming on.