Girl, 12, hit by vehicle in Ashbrook Road
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old girl was taken to hospital after being hit by a vehicle in Archway yesterday.
The London Ambulance Service were called at 4.48pm in Ashbrook Road, near St John's Way Medical Centre. The girl's condition is not yet known.
The crash came hours after a motorcyclist was killed when a van collided with him in Holloway Road.
One neighbour said: "The car reversed onto Ashbrook Road. The young girl was crossing the road. He knocked her down and then the car's back wheels drove over her.
"He jumped out and started to pull her out from under the car. I shouted not to move her and ran into the surgery to get help.
You may also want to watch:
"As I came back he was putting her on the pavement, he then jumped back in the car and reversed at speed down the road.
"Absolutely horrific. She was only a tiny thing on her way home from school. I don't know if she's okay, just praying to god that she is."
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Mario, who didn't give his surname, witnessed the immediate aftermath of the incident.
"There was a massive accident near St John's Way Medical Centre," he said. "It was the second accident in one day in the same area - it's horrible."
This story is being updated.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org