Children brighten up an estate agent’s window with Olympic artwork
Olympic artwork by children has perked up an estate agent’s window in Islington.
Currells Residential in St John Street, Finsbury, invited pupils from local schools to produce artwork to decorate the windows.
Winners Qiqi Aldridge Moore, nine, from William Tyndale School, Upper Street, Islington, and Aoife Doherty Ayers, ten, from Canonbury School, Canonbury Road, had their work picked from hundreds of entries.
Their pictures show gymnasts back-flipping over each other and the Olympic Torch flanked by crowds of fans.
Manager James Neilson said: “It looks really lovely and just goes to show how much talent is out there. We have a lovely shop anyway but to have a personal touch like this is wonderful.”
The young artists were presented with framed originals of their work and vouchers for art store Kass Arts.
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 7 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 8 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
- 9 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 10 Hundreds enjoy Jewish festival of lights in Islington