Children brighten up an estate agent’s window with Olympic artwork
Olympic artwork by children has perked up an estate agent’s window in Islington.
Currells Residential in St John Street, Finsbury, invited pupils from local schools to produce artwork to decorate the windows.
Winners Qiqi Aldridge Moore, nine, from William Tyndale School, Upper Street, Islington, and Aoife Doherty Ayers, ten, from Canonbury School, Canonbury Road, had their work picked from hundreds of entries.
Their pictures show gymnasts back-flipping over each other and the Olympic Torch flanked by crowds of fans.
Manager James Neilson said: “It looks really lovely and just goes to show how much talent is out there. We have a lovely shop anyway but to have a personal touch like this is wonderful.”
You may also want to watch:
The young artists were presented with framed originals of their work and vouchers for art store Kass Arts.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington