Children brighten up an estate agent’s window with Olympic artwork
Olympic artwork by children has perked up an estate agent’s window in Islington.
Currells Residential in St John Street, Finsbury, invited pupils from local schools to produce artwork to decorate the windows.
Winners Qiqi Aldridge Moore, nine, from William Tyndale School, Upper Street, Islington, and Aoife Doherty Ayers, ten, from Canonbury School, Canonbury Road, had their work picked from hundreds of entries.
Their pictures show gymnasts back-flipping over each other and the Olympic Torch flanked by crowds of fans.
Manager James Neilson said: “It looks really lovely and just goes to show how much talent is out there. We have a lovely shop anyway but to have a personal touch like this is wonderful.”
You may also want to watch:
The young artists were presented with framed originals of their work and vouchers for art store Kass Arts.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir