When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 2 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 3 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 4 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 5 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 8 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 9 'No apology': Beloved Islington hedge sawn in half by council contractor
- 10 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas