Tickets go on sale for Christmas at Kenwood
Julia Gregory LDRS
- Credit: Christmas at Kenwood
A licence has been agreed for a winter light trail at Kenwood House this Christmas and tickets are now on sale.
The 1.4km Christmas at Kenwood attraction promises a “multi-sensory mix of light, fire and sound”, according to events company Kilimanjaro Live Ltd.
Adult tickets will cost between £21.50 off peak and £24.75 at peak times, with child tickets going for £14 and £17. There are also VIP packages.
Tickets are available from christmasatkenwood.com
Although a planning application remains pending, the attraction's application for an alcohol licence was given the green light by Camden Council on Tuesday.
One resident wrote about concerns that the lights “seem to project into the night sky, [and] this could have the potential to become light pollution”. But the company told the hearing: “It is not our intention to shine lights into the sky as part of the attraction.”
Christmas at Kenwood includes food stalls and two bars, though organisers are not now intending to include craft stalls.
It is expected that fewer than 5,000 people will be there at any one time.
The licence allows alcohol to be served from 11am to 11.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays and from 11am to 10.30pm on Sundays.
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 3 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 4 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 7 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
A planning application remains pending for the temporary attraction, which is planned for November 26 to January 9.