Christmas in Islington: What’s on in your area?
PUBLISHED: 11:45 18 November 2016 | UPDATED: 13:37 18 November 2016
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Islington.
Starting tomorrow, lights will be switched on in Angel, Finsbury Park, Archway, Holloway and Caledonian Road.
The switch-on events are as follows:
• Tomorrow (November 19): Angel Central shopping centre, noon to 5.30pm (lights 4.30pm).
• December 1: Fonthill Road, 2.30pm to 7pm (lights at 4.30pm).
• December 2: Archway Mall, 3.30pm to 5.15pm (lights at 4.45pm).
• December 3: Nag’s Head shopping centre, noon to 5pm (lights at 4.30pm).
• December 10: Caledonian Road junction with Tilloch Street, 11am to 5pm (lights at 4.30pm).
From December 1, there will also be late-night shopping every Thursday in Camden Passage, with shops opening until 9pm.
And Finsbury Park retailers are also organising the “Shop Stroud Green Christmas Trail”, which shoppers can follow on December 3 and 4. Businesses have produced a map of the trail and shoppers are encouraged to visit participating shops to do some Christmas shopping.
Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington’s economic development leader, said: “The Christmas lights switch-ons are always something to look forward to and this year there is something for everyone.
“I would like to thank all the local businesses and voluntary groups who give their time and money to help turn these wonderful festive events into reality.
“I encourage residents to head down with their family and friends to enjoy the festive atmosphere, support their local businesses, and start the countdown to Christmas.”
For more information on all the events, visit islingtonlife.london/things-to-do/festive-fun/
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Islington Gazette. Click the link in the orange box above for details.