Christmas in Islington: What’s on in your area?
- Credit: Archant
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Islington.
Starting tomorrow, lights will be switched on in Angel, Finsbury Park, Archway, Holloway and Caledonian Road.
The switch-on events are as follows:
• Tomorrow (November 19): Angel Central shopping centre, noon to 5.30pm (lights 4.30pm).
• December 1: Fonthill Road, 2.30pm to 7pm (lights at 4.30pm).
You may also want to watch:
• December 2: Archway Mall, 3.30pm to 5.15pm (lights at 4.45pm).
• December 3: Nag’s Head shopping centre, noon to 5pm (lights at 4.30pm).
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
• December 10: Caledonian Road junction with Tilloch Street, 11am to 5pm (lights at 4.30pm).
From December 1, there will also be late-night shopping every Thursday in Camden Passage, with shops opening until 9pm.
And Finsbury Park retailers are also organising the “Shop Stroud Green Christmas Trail”, which shoppers can follow on December 3 and 4. Businesses have produced a map of the trail and shoppers are encouraged to visit participating shops to do some Christmas shopping.
Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington’s economic development leader, said: “The Christmas lights switch-ons are always something to look forward to and this year there is something for everyone.
“I would like to thank all the local businesses and voluntary groups who give their time and money to help turn these wonderful festive events into reality.
“I encourage residents to head down with their family and friends to enjoy the festive atmosphere, support their local businesses, and start the countdown to Christmas.”
For more information on all the events, visit islingtonlife.london/things-to-do/festive-fun/