Christmas in Islington: What’s on in your area?
- Credit: Archant
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Islington.
Starting tomorrow, lights will be switched on in Angel, Finsbury Park, Archway, Holloway and Caledonian Road.
The switch-on events are as follows:
• Tomorrow (November 19): Angel Central shopping centre, noon to 5.30pm (lights 4.30pm).
• December 1: Fonthill Road, 2.30pm to 7pm (lights at 4.30pm).
• December 2: Archway Mall, 3.30pm to 5.15pm (lights at 4.45pm).
• December 3: Nag’s Head shopping centre, noon to 5pm (lights at 4.30pm).
- 1 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 6 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 7 London among areas where drought is declared
- 8 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 9 'The grim history of London's water supply'
- 10 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
• December 10: Caledonian Road junction with Tilloch Street, 11am to 5pm (lights at 4.30pm).
From December 1, there will also be late-night shopping every Thursday in Camden Passage, with shops opening until 9pm.
And Finsbury Park retailers are also organising the “Shop Stroud Green Christmas Trail”, which shoppers can follow on December 3 and 4. Businesses have produced a map of the trail and shoppers are encouraged to visit participating shops to do some Christmas shopping.
Cllr Asima Shaikh, Islington’s economic development leader, said: “The Christmas lights switch-ons are always something to look forward to and this year there is something for everyone.
“I would like to thank all the local businesses and voluntary groups who give their time and money to help turn these wonderful festive events into reality.
“I encourage residents to head down with their family and friends to enjoy the festive atmosphere, support their local businesses, and start the countdown to Christmas.”
For more information on all the events, visit islingtonlife.london/things-to-do/festive-fun/