Cider festival at Newington Green pub
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A popular pub is marking the May bank holiday weekend by throwing a cider festival where more than 20 varieties will be on offer.
The Alma, in Newington Green Road, Newington Green, which has held spring and autumn cider festivals for four years, will also host New Zealand DJ Pauly Who on the opening night of the long weekender which will continue through to Monday, May 6, and is free.
Further live music from soul ensemble The Fae Simon Trio and DJ sets from Brighton reggae and dub producer Richie Phoe will also provide a festival backdrop throughout the weekend.
Kirsty Valentine, landlady of the 19th century pub, said: “It really is a fabulous event. We source the real ciders and perrys from Dorset and Somerset, where they come from small, independent orchards that have been going for 100 years. They are making them traditionally and growing them locally.
“So it’s a wonderful opportunity for people to get out and experience different styles of ciders.
You may also want to watch:
“For people who want to try something different and have a bit of fun then this is a great way to spend your bank holiday. We’ll also have our usual culinary offerings to go along with the drink.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Mental health charity announces arts award winner and new grants
- 10 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park