City and Islington College pupils post best-ever A-Level scores
Students at City and Islington College received good news today as they posted the best-ever A-Level results in the centre’s history.
Sixth formers scored a stunning 99.1 per cent overall pass rate – with 73 per cent A* to C grades – while dozens of subjects reached 100 per cent passes.
The director of the college’s sixth form hailed pupils’ success, saying they have “done themselves proud”.
Petar Lekarski, 18, who secured a law place at Cambridge with A*, A and B grades in Economics, English and History, said: “I was supposed to get an A* and two As but they let me in anyway. I was in complete disbelief and it’s not quite sunk in yet, but I’m over the moon.
“It’s the best morning of my life so far. I was so worried and it’s just a big relief. I woke up my whole family screaming the house down after I checked the UCAS website.”
You may also want to watch:
Ibrahim Ahmed, 18, of Old Street, Finsbury, who achieved two A*s in Physics and Chemistry and A in Biology, said: “I did better than I expected. When I opened the envelope I could not believe it, I was in a state of shock and I was shaking.
“I’m feeling really happy now. I’m taking a gap year, but it means I can apply to where I want. I’m hoping to go to Cambridge to study natural sciences.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Keren Abse, director of City and Islington College’s Sixth Form College, which is in Goswell Road, Finsbury, said “I am really pleased with another excellent year of results, our best year yet. With an overall pass rate of 99.1 per cent and with a considerable number of students who have gained top grades, our students have done themselves proud.
“The results are a tribute to the hard work of our students and their teachers and I am extremely pleased that so many students have got their first choice of university place.”