Determination of City of London Academy Islington students lauded on GCSE results day
- Credit: Archant
The determination of City of London Academy, Islington students has been lauded on GCSE results day.
71per cent of the Year 11 students at the Prebend Street school achieved English and mathematics GCSE at Grade 4 and above (equivalent to A*-C grades).
The academy, which opened in September 2008, was recognised as “good” by Ofsted in 2014.
Clare Verga, executive principal, said: “I am delighted with the GCSE results achieved at the City of London Academy Islington. These results reflect the hard work and determination of all students and staff and clearly demonstrate our ongoing success”.
The City of London Academy Islington is co-sponsored by the City of London Corporation and City, University of London.
You may also want to watch:
Henry Colthurst, Chairman of the Education Board at City of London Corporation, said: “Today’s results show that hard work and dedication pays off. Congratulations to all the pupils for achieving excellent GCSE results.
“We wish each and every student all the very best in the next chapter of their lives and we hope that the core values of City of London Academy Islington stays with each pupil for many, many years.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion