Determination of City of London Academy Islington students lauded on GCSE results day
- Credit: Archant
The determination of City of London Academy, Islington students has been lauded on GCSE results day.
71per cent of the Year 11 students at the Prebend Street school achieved English and mathematics GCSE at Grade 4 and above (equivalent to A*-C grades).
The academy, which opened in September 2008, was recognised as “good” by Ofsted in 2014.
Clare Verga, executive principal, said: “I am delighted with the GCSE results achieved at the City of London Academy Islington. These results reflect the hard work and determination of all students and staff and clearly demonstrate our ongoing success”.
The City of London Academy Islington is co-sponsored by the City of London Corporation and City, University of London.
You may also want to watch:
Henry Colthurst, Chairman of the Education Board at City of London Corporation, said: “Today’s results show that hard work and dedication pays off. Congratulations to all the pupils for achieving excellent GCSE results.
“We wish each and every student all the very best in the next chapter of their lives and we hope that the core values of City of London Academy Islington stays with each pupil for many, many years.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago