Do you know these men? Police release CCTV grab of moped riders after City Road crash that left woman critical
- Credit: Archant
Police urgently want to find these men after a moped rider ploughed into a young woman in City Road and left her fighting for her life.
The vehicle is thought to have been stolen. It has been speculated that the collision may have happened during an attempted phone snatch, although police could not confirm this.
It happened on Thursday at 9.35am at the junction with Wakeley Street in Islington. The victim, 20, was initially described as critically injured; police say her condition is now “serious but stable”.
“The scooter had no license plates and is believed to be stolen,” said a Met spokesman.
“It is believed that the scooter was not involved in any snatches prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“To date there have not been any identifications made of those responsible.
“Anyone who recognises these people or who has information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact officers on 020 8991 9555 or tweet via @MetCC. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
No one has been arrested yet.