Do you know these men? Police release CCTV grab of moped riders after City Road crash that left woman critical
- Credit: Archant
Police urgently want to find these men after a moped rider ploughed into a young woman in City Road and left her fighting for her life.
The vehicle is thought to have been stolen. It has been speculated that the collision may have happened during an attempted phone snatch, although police could not confirm this.
It happened on Thursday at 9.35am at the junction with Wakeley Street in Islington. The victim, 20, was initially described as critically injured; police say her condition is now “serious but stable”.
“The scooter had no license plates and is believed to be stolen,” said a Met spokesman.
“It is believed that the scooter was not involved in any snatches prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“To date there have not been any identifications made of those responsible.
“Anyone who recognises these people or who has information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact officers on 020 8991 9555 or tweet via @MetCC. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
No one has been arrested yet.