Classic European nights for Arsenal fans to enjoy
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal supporters can relive some of the club’s greatest European nights on BT Sport this weekend.
Highlights from four unforgettable games are being shown on Sunday (April 19) from 7pm, starting with the 3-1 win over Juventus in the 2001/02 Champions League.
Having lost to Deportivo La Coruna in their first game of the second group phase, the Gunners responded in style thanks to an influential display from Dutch maestro Dennis Bergkamp.
The next European game at Highbury saw a convincing win over Bayer Leverkusen, thanks to goals from French trio Robert Pires, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira, with Bergkamp also on target, and will be shown at 7.30pm.
Then comes the stunning 5-1 victory over Inter Milan in the San Siro from the 2003/04 campaign, when an inspirational Henry shone brightest to inflict the Italian club’s heaviest defeat in 47 years of European football.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, at 8.30pm, comes highlights of a 7-0 rout of Slavia Prague from the 2007/08 campaign, when Theo Walcott and Cesc Fabregas both bagged braces at the Emirates Stadium.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington