Classic European nights for Arsenal fans to enjoy
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal supporters can relive some of the club’s greatest European nights on BT Sport this weekend.
Highlights from four unforgettable games are being shown on Sunday (April 19) from 7pm, starting with the 3-1 win over Juventus in the 2001/02 Champions League.
Having lost to Deportivo La Coruna in their first game of the second group phase, the Gunners responded in style thanks to an influential display from Dutch maestro Dennis Bergkamp.
The next European game at Highbury saw a convincing win over Bayer Leverkusen, thanks to goals from French trio Robert Pires, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira, with Bergkamp also on target, and will be shown at 7.30pm.
Then comes the stunning 5-1 victory over Inter Milan in the San Siro from the 2003/04 campaign, when an inspirational Henry shone brightest to inflict the Italian club’s heaviest defeat in 47 years of European football.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, at 8.30pm, comes highlights of a 7-0 rout of Slavia Prague from the 2007/08 campaign, when Theo Walcott and Cesc Fabregas both bagged braces at the Emirates Stadium.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington