Islington’s larger libraries resume click, call and collect service
- Credit: Archant
From today books, DVDs and CDs can be reserved online or by phone and then collected in person from some of Islington Council’s larger libraries.
A click, call and collect library service has been reinstated after borrowing was suspended during the coronavirus lockdown.
It is available at Central Library in Fieldway Crescent, Highbury East, Finsbury Library in St John Street, Clerkenwell, and Archway Library in Highbury Hill.
A limited number of computers and study spaces are also available to book at Central Library.
In September more buildings will start to open up for browsing, but the council has yet to confirm which ones. The service is gradually ramping up, with just Central and Finsbury libraries having accepted returns for the past fortnight after a complete closure for four months.
You may also want to watch:
Library users are being asked to drop the items they have on loan into crates outside the building entrances.
They are then being put into quarantine for 72 hours before they can be handled by staff and made available to other users.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder