Closure of day centre a kick in the teeth for all
I AM so disgusted with the council because of its plans to close the Sotheby Mews Day Centre as outlined in the Gazette. This is a real kick in the teeth for Islington's elderly residents. The centre provides much needed support and is an essential life
I AM so disgusted with the council because of its plans to close the Sotheby Mews Day Centre as outlined in the Gazette.
This is a real kick in the teeth for Islington's elderly residents.
The centre provides much needed support and is an essential lifeline for elderly people in the borough. It is well run and attracts nearly 90 people a day, so I can't see why the council wants to close it.
The Labour council should stop making cuts like this. Stop blaming the government for all their problems and get on with running the council like we elected them to do! Instead, they are wasting our Council Tax money on their barmy ideas.
You may also want to watch:
For example, why on earth are we paying out for free school meals for children from Hackney, Camden and Haringey at a cost of nearly a million pounds a year? Why aren't those councils and their Council Tax payers paying for the meals?
Council Tax money collected here in Islington should be spent on Islington residents. The council should be ashamed. We fought the last time Labour tried to close Sotheby Mews, as we remember this month how we stood up to Hitler in The Blitz we will fight again - this time against the council's closure plans.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 8 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 9 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
Hundreds of people have already signed the petition and that is only the start. Hitler didn't win and neither will the council. - Liz Claire, Petherton Road, N5.