Coffee training academy in King’s Cross offering free barista courses
- Credit: Archant
A barista training academy hopes to cut unemployment in Kings Cross by opening a new training centre in the area.
Well Grounded is offering anyone seeking work free barista training by qualified coffee chefs through two- to nine-week courses at its new centre in Camley St this September.
Students will leave with industry-approved qualifications, work experience, and have assistance finding a job in local cafés.
A spokesperson said: "By positioning our academies in areas of high deprivation, we want to give those furthest away from the job market the opportunities to develop a new craft and match them to vacancies in their local area."
The NGO is helping anyone aged between 18 and 60 actively seeking employment or on zero hours contracts with a right to work in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Applications have opened and anyone interested can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets