Coffee training academy in King’s Cross offering free barista courses
- Credit: Archant
A barista training academy hopes to cut unemployment in Kings Cross by opening a new training centre in the area.
Well Grounded is offering anyone seeking work free barista training by qualified coffee chefs through two- to nine-week courses at its new centre in Camley St this September.
Students will leave with industry-approved qualifications, work experience, and have assistance finding a job in local cafés.
A spokesperson said: "By positioning our academies in areas of high deprivation, we want to give those furthest away from the job market the opportunities to develop a new craft and match them to vacancies in their local area."
The NGO is helping anyone aged between 18 and 60 actively seeking employment or on zero hours contracts with a right to work in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Applications have opened and anyone interested can contact email@example.com.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago