Coronavirus: 109 Whittington Hospital deaths and 29 care home deaths during pandemic
- Credit: PA
At least 109 people have died with Covid-19 at the Whittington Hospital as of 5pm on Monday, according to NHS England data.
As of May 1, Office for National Statistics (ONS) reported 85 coronavirus-related at the hospital and 254 in total this year, meaning 33% of fatalities involved Covid-19.
Papers released by the hospital at the end of last month suggest the number of confirmed Covid-19 inpatient admissions peaked in the week of March 29.
Some 232 patients with “Covid-19 type illness” had been discharged from the hospital since the start of the pandemic, at the time these papers were published.
Twenty-nine coronavirus-related deaths were registered at Islington care homes as of May 1, according to the ONS.
You may also want to watch:
This accounts for 29% of the 103 people who died at care homes in the borough over this period.
Ten people (7%) have died with Covid-19 at home in Isilngton as of May 1, compared with 151 deaths of all causes.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes