Coronavirus: 109 Whittington Hospital deaths and 29 care home deaths during pandemic
- Credit: PA
At least 109 people have died with Covid-19 at the Whittington Hospital as of 5pm on Monday, according to NHS England data.
As of May 1, Office for National Statistics (ONS) reported 85 coronavirus-related at the hospital and 254 in total this year, meaning 33% of fatalities involved Covid-19.
Papers released by the hospital at the end of last month suggest the number of confirmed Covid-19 inpatient admissions peaked in the week of March 29.
Some 232 patients with “Covid-19 type illness” had been discharged from the hospital since the start of the pandemic, at the time these papers were published.
Twenty-nine coronavirus-related deaths were registered at Islington care homes as of May 1, according to the ONS.
You may also want to watch:
This accounts for 29% of the 103 people who died at care homes in the borough over this period.
Ten people (7%) have died with Covid-19 at home in Isilngton as of May 1, compared with 151 deaths of all causes.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington