Coronavirus: 188 people test positive for Covid-19 in Islington
- Credit: PA
There are 188 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Islington as of 9am on Thursday, according to Public Health England (PHE).
There are 266 cases in Hackney and City of London, 211 in Haringey and 225 in Camden.
PHE reported 4,244 new confirmed cases in the UK on Thursday, bringing the UK total to 33,718.
An additional 569 Covid-19 deaths were recorded on Thursday, and the overall UK death toll is now 2,921.
It’s likely the true number of Covid-19 cases in the UK is higher than these figures suggest, due to the limited testing being carried out.
You may also want to watch:
But health and social care secretary Matt Hancock yesterday set a target for 100,000 people to be tested daily by the end of April.
There were 10,215 new tests recorded on Thursday, which is the first time the UK has tested more than 10,000 people in a day during the pandemic.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
Overall, 163,194 people have ben tested for Covid-19.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people in the borough.