Coronavirus: 188 people test positive for Covid-19 in Islington
- Credit: PA
There are 188 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Islington as of 9am on Thursday, according to Public Health England (PHE).
There are 266 cases in Hackney and City of London, 211 in Haringey and 225 in Camden.
PHE reported 4,244 new confirmed cases in the UK on Thursday, bringing the UK total to 33,718.
An additional 569 Covid-19 deaths were recorded on Thursday, and the overall UK death toll is now 2,921.
It’s likely the true number of Covid-19 cases in the UK is higher than these figures suggest, due to the limited testing being carried out.
You may also want to watch:
But health and social care secretary Matt Hancock yesterday set a target for 100,000 people to be tested daily by the end of April.
There were 10,215 new tests recorded on Thursday, which is the first time the UK has tested more than 10,000 people in a day during the pandemic.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
Overall, 163,194 people have ben tested for Covid-19.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people in the borough.