Coronavirus: 248 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Islington
- Credit: PA
There are now 248 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Islington.
The latest Public Health England (PHE) figures as of 9am on Sunday also report there are 277 cases in Haringey, 289 in Camden, plus 345 in Hackney and City of London.
There are 47,806 cases in the UK and 4,934 people have died after contracting the disease.
The actual number of Covid-19 cases in the UK is thought to be far higher than these figures suggest due to the relatively low number of tests being carried out.
So far 195,524 people have been tested for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
The UK is now 1,500 deaths worse off than Italy at the same stage during the pandemic.
Are you an Islington resident who’s been suffering from Covid-19? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07786 616244 or Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people in the borough during the pandemic.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder