Coronavirus: 26 Covid-19 care home deaths in Islington reported by ONS
- Credit: PA
At least 26 people died with Covid-19 in Islington Care homes as of April 24, according to Office for National Statistics (ONS) data released today.
At least 26 people died with Covid-19 in Islington care homes as of April 24, according to Office for National Statistics (ONS) data released today.
The same data reveals 123 people have died, of all causes, in Islington care homes so far this year, 21% of these deaths are coronavirus-related.
As of April 24, 75 people had died with Covid-19 at the Whittington Hospital.
This is 24% of the 305 people who have died there so far this year.
You may also want to watch:
The latest NHS England data from 5pm on Sunday says 104 people have died at the Archway hospital after contracting the virus.
ONS reports that 7 people have died with coronavirus at home in Islington as of April 24, just 5% of the 144 people who have died at their place of residence over the same period.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
ONS recorded 29,648 deaths which involved coronavirus in England and Wales as of April 24, compared to the government’s daily figures of 22,173 at the same stage.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people during the pandemic.