Coronavirus: 26 Covid-19 care home deaths in Islington reported by ONS
- Credit: PA
At least 26 people died with Covid-19 in Islington Care homes as of April 24, according to Office for National Statistics (ONS) data released today.
At least 26 people died with Covid-19 in Islington care homes as of April 24, according to Office for National Statistics (ONS) data released today.
The same data reveals 123 people have died, of all causes, in Islington care homes so far this year, 21% of these deaths are coronavirus-related.
As of April 24, 75 people had died with Covid-19 at the Whittington Hospital.
This is 24% of the 305 people who have died there so far this year.
You may also want to watch:
The latest NHS England data from 5pm on Sunday says 104 people have died at the Archway hospital after contracting the virus.
ONS reports that 7 people have died with coronavirus at home in Islington as of April 24, just 5% of the 144 people who have died at their place of residence over the same period.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
ONS recorded 29,648 deaths which involved coronavirus in England and Wales as of April 24, compared to the government’s daily figures of 22,173 at the same stage.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people during the pandemic.