Coronavirus: 35 people test positive for Covid-19 in Islington
- Credit: PA
Public Health England says 35 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Islington as of 9am yesterday.
There are now 3,269 confirmed cases in the UK, while 79 people have recovered from the virus and 144 have died.
There are 36 cases in Camden, 32 in Haringey, and 32 in Hackney and City of London.
Click here for the latest coronavirus updates from across north London. Speaking yesterday, Islington Council leader Richard Watts said: “It’s clearly a very worrying time. I think this is rapidly shaping up into the biggest civil crisis since the second world war, and clearly very extraordinary measures are going to have to be taken to protect people from this virus.”
Follow our live blog for coronavirus updates from your area.The most common symptoms of coronavirus (Covid-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough and or a high temperature. If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
You may also want to watch:
Have you tested positive for Covid-19? Do you think you’ve got the virus? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing