Coronavirus: 69 Covid-19 patients have died at Whittington Hospital
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sixty-nine people have died at the Whittington Hospital after testing positive for Covid-19.
These are the latest figures for confirmed coronavirus patient deaths at the Archway hospital as of 5pm on Monday, according to NHS England.
It comes as Public Health England confirmed 12,107 people have died in hospitals in England and Wales after testing positive for the virus. This doesn’t include people who have died in the community or at nursing homes.
As of 5pm on Monday there were 326 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Islington, 435 in Camden, 410 in Haringey and 503 in Hackney.
But the true figures are likely far higher because only a fraction of the population has been tested for the virus.
You may also want to watch:
There are 93,873 confirmed cases of the virus in the UK and 302,599 total people have been tested for it.
If you’ve lost a loved one to Covid-19 in Islington and want to pay tribute, contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people during the pandemic.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder