Coronavirus: Nearly 70% of Islington care homes report confirmed or suspected Covid-19 outbreaks
- Credit: Archant
Two coronavirus outbreaks have been reported for every three care homes in Islington.
The latest figures from Public Health England reveal 11 outbreaks have been reported at Islington care homes, of which the borough has 16.
Hackney has 15 care homes but has had four Covid-19 break-outs (26.7%) over the same period.
Ten out of 34 care homes in Haringey have reported outbreaks – equivalent to just under 30%.
Camden has 11 care homes but has reported 15 surges in confirmed or suspected cases.
You may also want to watch:
At least 33 coronavirus-related care home deaths were registered in Islington care homes as of May 15, accounting for 30% of the 111 deaths of all causes in total this year.
Have you lost a loved one living in an Islington care home to Covid-19? If you’d like us to write a story/ obituary please contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25