Coronavirus: Nearly 70% of Islington care homes report confirmed or suspected Covid-19 outbreaks
- Credit: Archant
Two coronavirus outbreaks have been reported for every three care homes in Islington.
The latest figures from Public Health England reveal 11 outbreaks have been reported at Islington care homes, of which the borough has 16.
Hackney has 15 care homes but has had four Covid-19 break-outs (26.7%) over the same period.
Ten out of 34 care homes in Haringey have reported outbreaks – equivalent to just under 30%.
Camden has 11 care homes but has reported 15 surges in confirmed or suspected cases.
You may also want to watch:
At least 33 coronavirus-related care home deaths were registered in Islington care homes as of May 15, accounting for 30% of the 111 deaths of all causes in total this year.
Have you lost a loved one living in an Islington care home to Covid-19? If you’d like us to write a story/ obituary please contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox