Coronavirus: Covid-19 cases in Islington rise to 59 – as Boris Johnson orders lockdown
- Credit: PA
UPDATE: Sixty-six people now have coronavirus in IslingtonThere are now 59 confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) in Islington.
There are 6,650 cases in the UK and 335 people have died after catching the virus.
But some of the Islington cases could be among the 135 people in the UK who have recovered from the virus.
There are now 64 cases in Haringey, 72 in Hackey and City of London, and 60 in Camden.
These latest figures report the number of confirmed coronavirus cases as of 9am on Monday, and were released by Public Heath England.
Join our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus updates.As of Monday morning 5,605 new tests for coronavirus have been carried out, bringing the total to 83,945.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday evening PM Boris Johnson banned people from leaving the home except for certain reasons, outlawed gatherings of more than two people and shut retailers selling non-essential goods – threatening police fines for anyone who ignores new measures.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 7 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 8 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment