Coronavirus: Covid-19 cases in Islington rise to 59 – as Boris Johnson orders lockdown
- Credit: PA
UPDATE: Sixty-six people now have coronavirus in IslingtonThere are now 59 confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) in Islington.
There are 6,650 cases in the UK and 335 people have died after catching the virus.
But some of the Islington cases could be among the 135 people in the UK who have recovered from the virus.
There are now 64 cases in Haringey, 72 in Hackey and City of London, and 60 in Camden.
These latest figures report the number of confirmed coronavirus cases as of 9am on Monday, and were released by Public Heath England.
Join our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus updates.As of Monday morning 5,605 new tests for coronavirus have been carried out, bringing the total to 83,945.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday evening PM Boris Johnson banned people from leaving the home except for certain reasons, outlawed gatherings of more than two people and shut retailers selling non-essential goods – threatening police fines for anyone who ignores new measures.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run