Coronavirus: Covid-19 cases in Islington rise to 59 – as Boris Johnson orders lockdown
- Credit: PA
UPDATE: Sixty-six people now have coronavirus in IslingtonThere are now 59 confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) in Islington.
There are 6,650 cases in the UK and 335 people have died after catching the virus.
But some of the Islington cases could be among the 135 people in the UK who have recovered from the virus.
There are now 64 cases in Haringey, 72 in Hackey and City of London, and 60 in Camden.
These latest figures report the number of confirmed coronavirus cases as of 9am on Monday, and were released by Public Heath England.
Join our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus updates.As of Monday morning 5,605 new tests for coronavirus have been carried out, bringing the total to 83,945.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday evening PM Boris Johnson banned people from leaving the home except for certain reasons, outlawed gatherings of more than two people and shut retailers selling non-essential goods – threatening police fines for anyone who ignores new measures.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault